Last Updated: July 22, 2021
The Legal Godfairy Limited (the “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) appreciate the trust and confidence placed in us when you visit and use our website at www.thelegalgodfairy.com (the “Site”), including any content, information, tools, templates, products, services, courses and associated material (collectively, our “Offering” or “Offerings”).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information is, or is to be, processed. The Company is the Data Controller for the personal data you submit via the Site.
Data Processor means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Site.
GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation Act.
“you” or “your” means the visitor, user or customer of the Site.
When we process personal data subject to the GDPR we apply the following principles:
● Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, we protect the individual rights of the Data Subjects. We collect and process personal data in a legal and fair manner.
● Restricted to a specific purpose. We process the personal data of Data Subjects only for specific purposes.
● Transparency. We inform each Data Subject about how his/her/their data is being collected, processed and used.
● Accuracy. We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data will be accurate, and that any mistakes are corrected or erased promptly.
● Storage Limitation. We will not keep personal data for longer than we need it, however, we may keep anonymized data for an indefinite term.
● Confidentiality and Integrity. We use appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you create an account, make purchases, fill out any forms or otherwise engage with our Offerings via the Site, you'll be asked to provide certain information about you and/or your business.
This information may include your first and last name, gender, preferred pronouns, age, race and ethnicity, address, company name, job title, email address, and/or telephone number.
If you sign up for the Site using a social network like Facebook, you agree to give us access to your information when you allow Facebook or another social network site to register you for the Site or connect you to the Site. We’ll collect whatever information you allow based on your social media settings and the policies of the social media site. We may also collect information to verify your social media credentials.
If you make a purchase using the Site, our third-party billing service providers, PayPal, will also collect information such as your full name, credit card number, and billing address.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we and our third-party service providers may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your use of our Site. For example, we or the providers may collect and/or use:
- log information (including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating system, dates/time of access, and related data);
- information collected by cookies and tracking pixels (as discussed below);
- web beacons (also called "Internet tags" or "clear gifs"; used to count visitors to our Site and which pages were viewed and links clicked); and/or
- embedded scripts (code temporarily downloaded onto your device to collect information about your interactions with any Offerings and thereafter deleted or deactivated).
WHERE DO YOU STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may store your information in our own servers or in servers owned by third-party cloud storage providers. Third-party storage providers may not use your information except as provided in this Policy. They may also have their own privacy policies.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To verify your identity when you return to the Site.
- To provide the Offerings to you.
- To personalize your website experience and deliver any Offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site, third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To send periodic emails and newsletters.
- To notify you about changes to our Site and/or Offerings.
- To provide you with information, discounts, coupons, and promotions relating to our Offerings.
- To gather analysis or other information to improve our Site and/or any Offerings in order to better serve you.
- To respond to your messages and comments.
- To allow us to provide you with customer support.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING INFORMATION
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Policy depends on the personal information we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information, including:
- to enter into or perform a contract with you;
- receiving your permission to do so;
- for the purposes of our legitimate business interests; and/or
- for compliance with our legal obligations.
Please be aware that if you do not provide the personal data we request we may be unable to provide certain Offerings to you and you may not be able to access all areas of the Site.
Short answer: yes.
We may use both persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them; session cookies expire when you close your browser.
A tracking pixel is a tiny pixel-sized image that allows us to track your Site visits, advertising impressions, and other types of Internet activity. It's also sometimes called a web bug, beacon, or page tag.
DO WE USE GOOGLE ADS OR OTHER RE-MARKETING METHODS?
Short answer: yes.
We may use Google Ads to advertise on other websites (including Google) to people who have visited our Site. That explains why you may see ads for our Products or Offerings more often after you visit our Site.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you, or turn off personalized ads, using the Google Ad Preferences page.
DO WE USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS?
Short answer: yes.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends to us without identifying who individual visitors are.
Google Analytics collects information such as:
- the Internet protocol (IP address) used to connect your computer to the Internet (which it does not report to us);
- your Internet service provider (ISP);
- your browser type;
- your type of operating system; and
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time, cookie, the length of time you spend on particular pages, which links you click while on our Site, and similar Site visit information.
This Google Analytics data is shared with Google. For more information on Google Analytics or to opt-out of having your information shared through Google Analytics, visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
We use this Google Analytics information to make our Site easier to find on the Internet and to learn which pages and features are most interesting to our visitors. We treat this information as non-personal information and don’t try to connect it to personally identifiable information, except as required by law.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
We may transfer to, and store the data we collect about you in, countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected, including the United States, Canada or other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the data. When we transfer your data to other countries, we will protect the data as described in this Policy and comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of data to countries outside the EEA.
If you are located in the EEA, we will only transfer your personal data if:
- the country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision;
- the recipient of the personal data is located in the US and has certified to the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework; or
- we have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example we have entered into EU standard contractual clauses with the recipient, or the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules.
You can request more information about the safeguards we use for transfers of personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
HOW DO WE RESPOND TO "DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS?
We may track your browsing behavior to better tailor suggestions and information for you when you visit our Site.
Some third-party sites also keep track of your browsing activities when they show you content, which lets them customize what they show you. You can opt-out of certain tracking by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, many websites (including our Site) may not respond to such signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. Some browser extensions may block tracking, but they may not work in all cases. Should a universal standard for online tracking be adopted, you will be informed of any changes made to our policy in an updated version of this Policy.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
DO WE HAVE LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
Our Site, Offerings, newsletters, email updates and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of others, including our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies in place and we do not accept responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of those other websites.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Unfortunately, the internet is an inherently unsafe environment and the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, hackers are always working to overcome security measures used to protect personal data. Thus, we cannot guarantee that any personal information you provide us won’t be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
HOW CAN YOU PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Please also be aware of “phishing” schemes that may try to trick you into revealing your Personal Information and passwords.
In the unlikely event a privacy breach occurs, you will be notified no later than 72 hours of the Company becoming aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information. We will also report any such incident to the applicable data protection authority, unless the privacy breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS?
As a general rule, we do not sell, rent, lease, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information (such as your name and email address) (“PII”) for commercial or marketing purposes. Among other things, this means we will not sell your name and email to spam marketers.
We may disclose your PII with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers for the purpose of providing our Offerings to you. We may also disclose your PII to our third-party processors such as:
- payment processors such as PayPal;
- providers of email management and distribution tools, such as Flodesk;
- providers of security and fraud prevention services; and/or
- providers of date aggregation and analytics software.
We will not share any PII that we’ve collected from or about you except as described below.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. If the Company is acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, or if our assets are acquired by a third party if we go out of business or go bankrupt, your PII may be one of our assets and may be disclosed or transferred to an acquirer as part of the transaction.
Information Disclosed for our Protection and the Protection of Others. We may cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties in connection with criminal or civil legal matters. We may disclose your PII or other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, think is necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to legal claims and requests, such as subpoenas; (ii) to protect our own property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of others; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal or unethical.
NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly or specifically collect information from or about children under the age of 18. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, please discontinue your use of the Site.
NOTICE FOR MINORS
If you’re under the age of 18, and if our Site publicly displays your content, at any time you can delete or remove your content using the deletion or removal method within our Site. If you have questions about how to remove your content, or you need assistance, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we offer deletion capability, you should be aware that removal of your content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted through the Site, especially if it has already been shared by others. Also, there may be circumstances in which the law doesn’t require or allow removal even if you requested it.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you’re a resident of the EEA, you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have certain data protection rights, including the right to:
(i) be informed of your rights;
(ii) access, update, delete the information we have about you;
(iii) rectification (to correct mistakes in your data);
(iv) erasure (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
(v) restrict processing of your data;
(vi) data portability; and
(vii) withdraw your consent.
If you’re a resident of the EEA and you believe we’re unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, if you withdraw your consent, this will not make any processing done prior to the consent withdrawal illegal.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information, including the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) collected, the third parties to whom we may have disclosed such personal information for direct marketing purposes, the names and addresses of any such third parties as well as examples of the products marketed by such third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please use the contact information provided below.
If you are a California resident and under the age of 18, you have the right to request that we remove any data that you publicly post on our Site. To request removal of any such data, please use the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. While we will ensure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, you should be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time. Any updates we may make to our Policy will be posted on this page, and we may also provide a website notice of any material changes for a reasonable period of time. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy. If you do not agree or consent to these updates or changes, please discontinue your use of the Site.